We remain in a holding pattern in terms of playing baseball this summer. The goal of this email is to give you an update on GVLL.
· GVLL is still hoping to playing baseball this summer.
· GVLL will follow the State guidelines for youth sports specific to social distancing, sanitizing and spectators
· GVLL is developing safety protocol based on plans developed by national and local youth sports programs.
This protocol will include but is not limited to:
o Social distancing of players during practices and when not on the field (games)
o Players wearing masks when not on the field/practicing.
o No sunflower seeds or eating allowed at practice or games. Spitting will not be allowed
o All adults at practice and “on the field” for games will wear masks
o Any shared equipment will be sanitized between uses
o Practice and game times will be scheduled to allow for social distancing when arriving and departing from the field.
o GVLL guidelines are required to be shared and approved by GV Park and Rec prior to any baseball activities.
· The timetable for the start of the season is unknown at this time. It is looking like practices could be allowed, with significant restrictions, sometime in June.
· Even if practices are allowed, it is possible that games may not be allowed
· The “season” would run through the month of July
· The volunteer requirement for families is being evaluated. A final decision has been made.
· Refunds of registration fees (minus the fee paid to Ngin when registering) and Dibs volunteer deposits are available to any family that request one.
GVLL is open to all youth living or attending school in Golden Valley ages 5-12. GVLL provides an opportunity to learn and excel at baseball, while making friends and learning skills that apply to all areas of life.
GVLL is committed to providing the opportunity to play baseball to all Golden Valley youth regardless of ability to pay. Please contact Pat Dale, GVLL President, at 612.423.9345 for more information.
GVLL is an all-volunteer, nonprofit organization.
You can now register your player for the 2020 GVLL Spring Baseball season. Registration is based on your players Little League age so make sure to check the age chart before signing up.
12 & 11 Year Old registration is CLOSED!
10 & 9 Year Old registration will CLOSED, please contact Kellywihlm@hotmail.com for any intrest.
to register for 5-8 year old GVLL Baseball
The mission of GVLL is to provide youth age 5-12, an environment that focuses on developing positive character, baseball skills, and teamwork in an encouraging social environment. At the highest level, (Majors) GVLL expects to field well-rounded, highly skilled players and teams who play competitively at the District and State level.
Pictures and graphics courtesy of Brad Rempel Design and Photography. Professional Sports Photography.